Heat Pump Systems: Get The Basics
Heat pumps provide an energy-efficiency which is alternative to that of air conditioners and furnaces during a season with moderate cooling and heating needs. A heat pump is an appliance that transfers thermal energy from a heat source to a required space.
Heat pumps use electricity to transfer heat from a cool area to a warm region, thereby making the warm region warmer and the cool region cooler. In the warm season, heat pumps transfer heat from the cooler region outside to your warm house but in the cool season, heat pumps transfer heat from your cool house into the warm region outside. It sounds more complicated than what it really is! Bear with us.
Types of Heat Pumps
- Compression: Compression heat pumps are driven by electricity and work on mechanical energy.
- Absorption: Absorption heat pumps are driven by either electricity or burnable fuels and can also operate on heat as an energy source.
Advantages of Heat Pumps
There are many advantages of heat pumps varying from excellent efficiency gains and reduced running costs to combining with Under-floor Heating systems. Some of these advantages include:
- Using a heat pump reduces running cost.
- No scheduled or minimal regular maintenance
- Grant schemes for Heat Pumps with renewable heat incentives
- Warranty is guaranteed
- Lower environmental impact
- Lower risk of accidents
Repairing a Heat Pump
Though heat pumps are dependable appliances, they can develop faults due to a variety of reasons. If they unexpectedly break down or develop any fault that makes them work inefficiently, then it is best to call a specialist to repair them for you. Whether it is a commercial property, residential home or business, call LJ Refrigeration to repair your heat pump today.