Though the life of a home air conditioner varies depending on a variety of factors, well-maintained units should last between 10 and 15 years. Many machines, both large and small, can be expanded even further by conducting regular inspections and maintenance.
It is difficult to say if a malfunctioning air conditioner needs new thermostat batteries or a more comprehensive repair unless you’re a qualified HVAC technician. For homeowners with older air conditioners, the question of whether to fix or upgrade the device arises frequently.
It’s a big decision to upgrade the old air conditioner. Modern air conditioners will last longer than their predecessor, so choosing the right one for your home’s cooling needs is critical – a decision one cannot take lightly. However, if your older air conditioner breaks down on a hot day, you do not have a choice. You’ll have to make a decision quickly.
Knowing when to make an appointment for a new AC installation Phoenix is crucial to ensuring a smooth transition without having to endure any scorching hot days in your home.
Let’s see What Factors Affect the Lifespan of an Air Conditioner:
- Size: It’s important to have a device that’s the right size for your house. Shorter cycles cause more wear and tear on an air conditioner’s components because if the device is larger than needed, it can switch on and off too frequently. ACS that are too small for the room can run too long and fail to cool your house, causing parts to wear out.
- Installation: Airflow is hampered by ductwork that is poorly built, sized, or sealed.
- Regular maintenance is not carried out.
- Outdoor device exposed to harsh weather conditions such as hail, salty air, or other corrosive airborne contaminants
- Coil cleaning agents that aren’t up to par.
- Thermostat set too high or too low—the ideal temperature range is 60°F to 80°F.
Here’s How You Can Tell if it’s Time to Replace Your Air Conditioner?
- Support calls regularly.
- Fixed bills that are too expensive.
- Unpredictable temperatures.
- Inability to maintain the temperature set on the thermostat.
- Noises that are new or have increased.
- Costs of energy are rising.
- Excessive humidity in your home.
Technology advancements have increased the life cycle of nearly every product in the industry. Still, they have also created a need to upgrade equipment more regularly to take advantage of the most effective offerings available.
LJ Refrigeration is here to make your air conditioner run as effectively as possible, for as long as possible. When it’s time for a new device, they’ll make sure you have the right one that will last you longer than your last. LJ Refrigeration is the best HVAC companies in phoenix that provides AC Installation in Phoenix and AC Companies in Phoenix. Contact LJ Refrigeration for all HVAC services today.