What Is the Average Furnace Life Expectancy?
Most homeowners probably don’t think much about their furnaces until there’s a problem. However, keeping your furnace in good condition is essential for your comfort and wallet. So how long does a typical furnace last?
The answer depends on several factors, including the type of furnace, the quality of the installation, and how well it’s been maintained. Generally, you can expect a quality furnace to last between 15 and 20 years. Of course, that’s just an average. Some furnaces will last much longer, while others may only last a few years. If you take good care of your furnace, it will likely last on the high end of that range. If you are in Phoenix, AZ, call us at (480) 948-5004 to schedule heating services. When you schedule a heating service, our technicians will perform the necessary processes to keep your furnace system in top-notch condition.
Factors Affecting Average Lifespan:
- Model of the furnace: There are several different types of furnaces on the market. Depending on the model, they can have different average lifespans. Choosing an HVAC unit from a top brand can ensure a longer lifespan.
- Professional installation: If your furnace isn’t installed properly, it will likely break down sooner. When inexperienced technicians are hired, the efficiency level is directly affected. Make sure you hire a qualified professional to complete the job. LJ Refrigeration Co., Inc. is one of the best HVAC companies, providing the best furnace installation service in Phoenix, Arizona, and the surrounding areas.
- Maintenance: Proper furnace maintenance is key to keeping it running efficiently for years to come. Be sure to change the filter regularly and schedule annual tune-ups. Contact a qualified HVAC professional if you’re unsure how old your furnace is or if it’s due for a tune-up. They can help you determine the best course of action to keep your furnace running smoothly for years to come.
- Moisture levels and ventilation: If you live in an area with high humidity, your furnace is more likely to develop rust and other corrosion that can shorten its lifespan. Proper ventilation is also essential. If your home isn’t properly ventilated, the furnace has to work harder to heat the air, adding additional strain on the system, which can cause it to break down sooner.
Get in touch with us today to better understand how you can extend the lifespan of your furnace system.
What Can Be Done To Make The Furnace Last Longer?
Here are a few things you can do to keep your furnace in quality condition and extend its lifespan:
- Change the air filter regularly: A dirty air filter can make your furnace work harder than it needs to, putting unnecessary wear and tear on the system.
- Schedule annual tune-ups: These tune-ups help to ensure that your furnace is running efficiently and catch any potential problems before they become major repairs.
- Call for service as soon as you see any issues: If you notice strange noises or smells coming from your furnace, or if it doesn’t seem to be heating as well as it used to, contact us today. We provide quality furnace repair service in Phoenix, AZ, and the surrounding areas. Addressing problems early can often prevent them from turning into major repairs.
By following these simple tips, you can help to ensure that your furnace lasts for as long as possible. If you require furnace repair or replacement, LJ Refrigeration Co., Inc. experts are here to help. We offer a wide range of heating services in Phoenix, including furnace repair, installation, and maintenance. Contact us today to learn more!